Why Choose This Tour?
Your tour guide Ben Edwards, whose relatives lived in colonial Boston, will show you the city’s history in a way that no one else can. Ben’s interest in Boston history began, believe it or not, at age 2 (ask him about it!) and developed into a lifelong passion. Ben has a very personal connection to colonial history through his documented ancestry and family ties to the Sons of Liberty and Paul Revere.
How is this tour different?
Walking Boston is the only tour where you:
- Hold and read original colonial-era documents and newspapers from Ben’s personal collection that are not available anywhere else.
- Enjoy fascinating, little-known stories about early Boston life passed down in Ben’s family for over 200 years that you won’t hear anywhere else.
- Get a free 3 CD set (a $30 value) and MP3 download of Ben’s book, One April in Boston, that brings your tour experience to life through children’s literature.
- Get a free MP3 download (for Extended Tour participants) of Longfellow’s famous poem “Paul Revere’s Ride” and an educational 13-page document in PDF format called “Paul Revere’s Ride – The Real Story.”
- Get free access to the eBook version of One April in Boston so you can read the story on an iPad or iPhone and enjoy all of the original illustrations and color photos.
In addition to visiting 14 historic sites (16 on Extended Tour Option 2) you will also see several secret spots you won’t visit on any other tour. And the walking tour for your group or family is completely private, so you’ll experience Boston at a comfortable pace, have all your questions answered and be able to explore each of the sites more fully.
And there’s even more!
A Special Treat: Complimentary Boston Cream Pie where it was invented in 1867 – the historic (and haunted) Parker House Hotel. During an extended visit, you’ll hear fascinating stories and hold some of the hotel’s history in your hands!
Also – Walking Boston is the only Boston tour that donates 10% of the proceeds from every family or corporate tour to charity. Learn more.
Still wondering if this is the right tour for your group or family? Read some of the testimonials we’ve received over the past 12 years.